If you’re not quite ready to rip and shred on a shortboard, and longboard “cruising” simply sounds boring, a Hawaiian Pro Designs Takayama Egg is the perfect solution.
This model is an “eggy” looking shape that allows the rider to trim high on the wave in the middle of the board or race down the line on the tail, whichever the rider prefers. A perfect board for beginners to advanced riders!
This board offers plenty of paddling speed, early wave entry tons of down-the-line speed. Don’t bother putting your back foot over the fins for The Egg to work; trimming the board from the middle and cruising the high-line works just as well.
1. Fused Cell EPS Core // Closed cell EPS core provides more response + flotation
2. GreenPoxy® Resin // The latest innovations in bio-based Epoxy chemistry
3. 2x Layers Fiberglass // E-glass has the highest strength to weight ratio available
4. Micro-Sandwich Veneer // Wood Veneer creates natural flex + adds break strength
5. Composite T-Stringer(s)// T-Stringers add power distribution + adds break strength
6. Carbon Stringer (*on select models) // Distributes power + protects from dings + adds break strength
7. Carbon Tail Patches (*on select models) // Distributes power + protects from dings + adds break strength
8. Reinforced Rails // Fiberglass reinforced rails enhance performance + durability
9. Exclusive Sandwich Technology // Surftech Tuflite boards are molded with exclusive methods